Ninh Binh is not only a historical place with sacred temples, pagodas and caves, because in this sacred land of masterpieces, there are many other interesting tourist attractions. Thung Nham Ninh Binh is one of them. This famous bird garden is a favorite destination for nature lovers and should not be missed.
General introduction about Thung Nham Ninh Binh
Located in Ninh Hai commune, Hoa Lu, Thung Nham Ninh Binh is a large ecological garden of more than 350 hectares with a variety of tourist and entertainment areas. Coming to this place, visitors will be immersed in the wonderful atmosphere of nature with countless precious birds such as storks, cauldrons, starlings, teals, flamingos,… Nham also has services such as fishing, team building, visiting flooded forests, climbing mountains, … You and your loved ones will not worry about lack of fun activities when coming here. The entrance ticket to Thung Nham is not too expensive, specifically as follows:
- Adults: 100,000 VND/ticket
- Children: 50,000 VND/ticket. Free for children under 0.8m
- Tickets for a boat ride in the bird garden: 20,000 VND/way
- Tickets to But Cave: 20,000 VND/person
Thung Nham is an eco-tourism area surrounded by tropical forests on limestone mountains with many valleys and caves including accommodation, restaurants, amusement parks, teambuilding games.
Thung Nham belongs to Ninh Hai village, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province and belongs to Trang An landscape complex. Thung Nham has a total area of up to 334.2 hectares. This place is about 100km from Hanoi and about 14km from Ninh Binh city.
This resort is currently nurturing thousands of birds from pigeons, warblers, … and species in the Red Book. Thung Nham is located in Ninh Hai village, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province and belongs to Trang An scenic complex, with a total area of up to 334.2ha.
The right time to go to Thung Nham
You can visit Thung Nham Ninh Binh almost any time of the year, but in the last autumn of the year from September to November every year because of the beautiful weather and little rain. During this time, the space will be beautiful with hundreds of birds flocking to the nest before dark or going to feed throughout the day. The climate at this time is also very beautiful, it is not yet winter so it is still cool and sunny. You can freely go sightseeing as well as enjoy the fresh air in Thung Nham and freely participate in other activities on the premises.
Means and way to Thung Nham Ninh Binh
The road to Thung Nham Ninh Binh is not too difficult. If you choose to travel by yourself such as driving a motorbike or a car from Hanoi, you go straight along National Highway 1A, go to Ninh Binh city center and then follow road 30/6, turn at Cau Vom to arrive. Thung Nham bird garden.
If you take a bus, depart at Giap Bat bus station or My Dinh bus station, go to Ninh Binh city center bus station and then take a motorbike taxi or taxi to go to Thung Nham.
Luggage to prepare to go to Thung Nham
Since this is an outdoor attraction, you will need to prepare a few items as follows:
- Hats or umbrellas to avoid the sun and rain
- Mosquito and insect repellent creams or sprays
- A pair of soft sports shoes to go sightseeing a lot without tired feet
- Map of Thung Nham Ninh Binh so that you can actively choose the places you want to go or go ahead so as not to miss any interesting activities
- Vai Gioi Cave: The cave is located deep in the mountain, so you have to climb more than 400 stone steps to reach it. Inside the Vai Gioi cave in Thung Nham Ninh Binh are drops of stalactites with all kinds of mysterious shapes, and this place has historically been considered a place to set up a bridge to pray for favorable rainy weather for the people.
- But cave: with a length of more than 500 meters, But cave is the largest attraction in the area. The reason for the name Hang But is because inside the cave there is a statue of Buddha sitting by the river as a spiritual symbol that brings peace to people in the region as well as tourists from all over the world coming here.
- Thung Nham Bird Park Ninh Binh is home to 50,000 different birds belonging to more than 40 species such as teal, flamingos, warblers, etc. The sight of birds flying in the blue sky is a daily scene. here but will definitely make visitors feel impressed
- Banyan tree moves: it has been recorded all 3 times this banyan tree moves around the ancient temple in Thung Nham forest
- Mermaid Cave: This cave is more than 1.5km long with many stalactites with all kinds of special shapes and people tell stories about the mermaid stranded and petrified in the cave.
- Thuy Cung Cave: the name says the most impressive point of the cave, that is, inside the cave, there are enough stalactites shaped like a magnificent and sophisticated underwater palace.
- Valley of Love: is a sightseeing place elaborately built by a lot of flowers and ornamental plants creating a wonderful romantic scene in the middle of Thung Nham forest.
Notes when traveling to Thung Nham
You should monitor the weather forecast to visit many beautiful scenes in Thung Nham.
Bring drinking water , snacks to replenish energy during sightseeing.
When traveling to Thung Nham, you need to bring insect repellent, a hat or an umbrella to prevent the weather.
Bring a travel map of Thung Nham eco-garden so you can easily navigate the places you visit and find the fastest way to get there.
Food in the dining area in Thung Nham is quite expensive, so you can choose to eat outside of Thung Nham or you can bring food to save money.
In case you go to Thung Nham by motorbike, you should park your car at the parking lot in the area of Thung Nham bird garden .