A brief introduction about King Dinh Tien Hoang temple
Address: located in the center of the East citadel of the ancient capital Hoa Lu, now in the territory of Truong Yen commune, Hoa Lu district, Ninh Binh province, Vietnam.
Opening hours: from 7:00 a.m. to 6:00 p.m
Entrance ticket price: 20,000 VND / person / turn.
Temple of King Dinh Tien Hoang is an ancient temple with the age of more than 100 years, located in the cluster of relics in the ancient capital of Hoa Lu. This is the only place in Vietnam to worship King Dinh Tien Hoang, his parents, and sons and commemorate the generals of the Dinh court. This place is one of the architectural wonders of the country expressing gratitude to the hero Dinh Bo Linh and was recognized by UNESCO as a world heritage site in the Trang An world heritage complex in 2014.
Temple of King Dinh Tien Hoang – the temple possesses unique and valuable architecture
Not only a famous historical relic, King Dinh Temple is also known as a place to keep a very unique artistic mark. The temple was built with a very unique architecture, specifically the art of wood and stone carving.
Long floor is considered a national treasure
Coming to worship King Dinh Tieng Hoang, there are 3 main buildings: worshiping road, burning incense and main palace. In front of the pavilion of the road right on the dragon yard is a dragon sieve with a beautiful and valuable shape. Accordingly, the floor is made from a very unique monolithic green stone, the art of stone carving is extremely delicate, showing the talent of the famous people of the Dinh Dynasty.
From Bai Duong, you will see Thieu Huong Court, go through Thieu Huong, you will see the main palace, including all 5 compartments, the middle space is worshiping the statue of King Dinh Tien Hoang. The statue is painted with gilded vermilion, with a Binh Thien hat on his head, sitting on a rock with a very majestic appearance. Next to it is a statue of the king’s children.
The right time to visit the temple of King Dinh Tien Hoang
You can visit the temple of King Dinh Tien Hoang at any time of the year. But the most ideal time is still the festival of King Dinh Temple. Every year on the 8th day of the third lunar month, tourists from all over the world flock to visit and visit the temple. The festival takes place for 3 days, from March 8 to 10. At this time, the weather is also mild, the dry season has mild sunshine but is relatively cool, suitable for sightseeing. In addition, you can combine going to Bai Dinh pagoda festival.
Guide to move to King Dinh Tien Hoang temple
Temple of King Dinh Tien Hoang is located in the cluster of relics of Hoa Lu ancient capital, about 15km from Ninh Binh center. If you are departing from Ho Chi Minh City, then by plane is the best choice. You will fly to Noi Bai airport and from Noi Bai will go to Ninh Binh by booking a limosine or renting a private car. Travel time for 100 km is 2 hours.
If you are already in Hanoi, then choose the following three options:
- – Train: fares range from 90-200,000 VND depending on train class and seat type. There is a morning flight at 6:30 and an evening flight at 19:20. You will arrive at Ninh Binh Station and then take a taxi/motorcycle/motorbike taxi by yourself to Hoa Lu Ancient Capital.
- – Passenger car: the fare fluctuates only 80k. Travel time is about 2.5 hours including stopping time. When you go to Giap Bat bus station every day, there are many cars that go directly to Ninh Binh, very easy and convenient to go to Ninh Binh.
- – Motorbike: if you take a passenger car, you will follow the new National Highway 1A – the new highway. However, traveling by motorbike, you will follow the old road, pass Thuong Tin, then visit Phu Ly city, Ha Nam. Just follow google maps and you will reach the luxurious and flashy Ninh Binh city. Go another 7km and you will reach the temple of King Dinh – King Le.
- – Limousine: Currently, there are many new car companies running Ninh Binh route with the highest quality, picking up and dropping off customers at home with prices from 250-350,000 VND / 01 ticket. So don’t hesitate to book yourself a chair to enjoy Ninh Binh easily.
When does the festival of King Dinh Tien Hoang take place?
King Dinh Temple Festival is one of the special festivals with profound cultural and spiritual values. On the 8th day of the third lunar month, guests from all over the world come back to visit the temple. The festival takes place in 3 days, from March 8-10. Traveling to Ninh Binh around this time, you will also have the opportunity to join the Bai Dinh pagoda festival, which takes place from the 6th and lasts until the end. lunar March.
Some notes you need to know when visiting the temple of King Dinh Tien Hoang
Dinh Tien Hoang temple is spiritual tourist destinations, so:
– You need to dress politely and discreetly, not revealing.
– Maintain order, walk lightly, speak quietly to preserve the sanctity of this place as well as burn incense to pay respects to the kings who have contributed to the country.
– Not to cause unsanitary, to dispose of garbage in the prescribed place, to damage the landscape of the temple.
– It is necessary to follow the rules and instructions of the management or guide if you are traveling in groups.
– You can chat directly with the seniors in the management of the monument to gain a deeper understanding of the historical, cultural and architectural values of this place.
If you visit alone, you should preview the map to make it more convenient for your exploration.
Temple of King Dinh Tien Hoang is a work of historical value as well as architectural value. This place has a great meaning that his father’s generation has worked hard to preserve and preserve until now. Quickly pocket Ninh Binh tourist map and visit King Dinh temple.